"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Today while BigBoy was at preschool, BabyCakes and I went to a coffee house and met up with some ladies from our neighborhood. A nice mom from BigBoy's class invited us and I ended up meeting some funny, interesting moms/neighbors that I didn't even know I had. I know this is a blessed life I lead-- to be able to enjoy my children's innocent years from a front-row seat and do things like drink coffee (actually cider in my case :) ) with other blessed women. Every day as a stay-at-home mom of a 3-year-old and a baby is not butterfly kisses and an organized closet, but when you consider what the bulk of the world struggles with it's pretty damn close. I know that one day (soon) the biggest problems in my children's lives won't be able to be solved with a long, hard hug or a 97-cent matchbox car. They won't beg me to "sing just one more song, Mommy" before bed. They won't gurgle a happy, spit-bubbly coo at me just because I talk to them or kiss on their double chin. That's why I need to go now. My boy is asking (ok whining) for me to read The Cat in the Hat to him one. more. time. Today I'm not even going to skip using the funny voices.

No comments: