"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Sunday, March 21, 2010

These last few days BabyCakes has been hit hard by a cold. Well, either that or bad allergies. The pollen seems to be upon us in biblical proportions. Actually, the annual yellow coating our region gets has not yet occurred. I always like to describe it as if someone is banging giant chalkboard erasers up in the sky. When the time comes, you can literally run your finger across the hood of your car and your finger will be yellow with pollen. Blech!

Anyway, poor baby sounds like a pug with all her snorting and she's even eating less. Who knew it was possible?! :) No, I shouldn't pick on her. I feel sorry for her. Her left eye has been watery with discharge like eye boogers all the time. She's such a trooper, though. I'll be practically sticking my finger in her eye, trying to get all the gunk out, and she will just smile at me. No crying, just happy to have the attention. Of course she takes great offense to suctioning her nose, though, but what baby doesn't?

It's times like these that I am especially grateful for the healthy children I have. If I cry over making her bleed because I accidentally cut her during a manicure, I can't imagine how hard it would be to see my baby undergo surgery. My children are so extremely healthy and I know that is no small blessing. I know there are lots of mothers who would love for their worst problems with a child to be a few days of "bad" behavior.
Revelation 7:12 says "Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever."
Thank you, God, for blessing me with so many things, not the least of which a healthy family.

No comments: