"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Return of the Migroan, er Migraine

They're bAAAaaaack! Yep, this morning's unholy marriage of seasonal allergies and pressure changes produced that bastard of a child known as Migraine. Because of the wonderful effects of pregnancy, I had grown all too comfortable without Migraine's mind-numbing cranial pulsations, her light sensitivity, her neck stiffness, and last but not least her "pea soup scene in The Exorcist" impression. BigBoy playing with blocks sounded more like a performance by Stomp.

But then came the Drugs.

Ah yes Drugs. I've met Migraines who could not be defeated with my over-the-counter artillary and I was forced to call in the infantry--I mean infirmary-- but today Migraine surrendered to Drugs in only a few short hours.

I got lucky today. Next time I will be ready for her with my arsenal of excedrin at the first sign of advancement.
At least now I know she is out there just waiting for the right conditions to attack... and knowing is half the battle.

No comments: