"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Miss Pearline

It was another beautiful day in the South today.
We went for a long walk around the neighborhood this afternoon and I finally remembered to bring along my camera. There's a tree I'm in love with that lives a couple streets over. She's so special that she deserves a name.



Something like "Miss Pearline."



She reminds me of a little old lady at church who always has tissues and butterscotch candies in her purse, and looks at you with the loving, twinkling eyes only a seasoned grandmother can have.



Okay, okay, I know. It's a tree.
Bear with me. It was a long week.

I'll leave you with these U2 lyrics:

What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things...
Grace finds beauty in everything.

No comments: