"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WW Wednesday: 20 in 20 - Week 4

Good afternoon!
Let's jump right in to today's results, shall we?
I myself felt pretty good heading in to Weight Watchers today.  I got more exercise than usual this week, and even though I had pancakes for dinner last night, I was pretty confident I had a loss coming at me.
I was right: 2 pound loss, baby!  Woohoo!  I'm making up ground for my slow start.
My loss also kicked me into the next decade of numbers.  Numbers I haven't seen since I was a Freshman in college, I might add.  Holla!

:)

Okay, for anyone annoyed by my rejoicing right now, I'm sorry but I'm not sorry.
You all know how long I've been at this. It's hard to believe that I've lost another 40 pounds since reaching out to my blaaahg readers for support.  (Thank you all so much!)
It has been slow, meaningful work for me.  No crash diets, no pills, no deprivation.
Some days/weeks/months have been harder but I never gave up.  I'm not going to, either.
I still have a ways to go until I am at a "healthy" weight, but you too can start now and change the things that you are unhappy with in your life.  If you don't know where to start, just ask someone you trust and say a prayer for peace and clarity.

"You don't have to see the whole staircase.  Just take the first step." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lesson learned this week:  Fudge should not be in my house for more than 24 hours.  I even finished off the chunk that my non-sweet-tooth-having hubs requested I save for him.  Oh yes, yes I did.  And no, I'm not proud of myself.  Only oreos can live at peace in my pantry.

Goal for this week:  Continue to enjoy the beautiful weather by going for more walks with the children.  Try for 5 in the next 7 days.

So, my fellow 20 in 20 participants, how was your week?

~Cayce

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I lost .2 of a pound this week. I am so proud of myself after going to NY to visit family for most of the week, I ate my favorite foods I can only get there and dod not fell deprived. Just ate very sensible and healthy dinners when we went out and got lots of running and waking in.

Congrats, Cayce! You worked hard and got great results - you rock!!

Daddy said...

Thank goodness I have been sick:) I lost another 2 lbs, for a total of 5lbs since we started. Since I am now on meds to make me feel better, I am afraid I will slip back to my old weight. I'll have to work extra hard and keep it off. Keep up your good work!
Love Ya!

Cayce said...

Melissa, that is quite an accomplishment given the circumstances. You continue to inspire me!

Daddy, being ill is not the bet weight-loss plan you could choose. What can you change instead of your immunity?

Molly said...

Down 2....WooHoo!!!

Cayce said...

Great job, Molly!