"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Monday, August 8, 2011

Pigtails and Party Planning

Today BabyCakes woke up with hair that was a frizzy, knotty mess. I really didn't want to go through our usual detangling battle, so I opted to let it be big for the morning. (And BOY was it big. Think blonde tumbleweed.)
It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized that I could try pigtails with her now straighter-than-normal locks.


Love it!



Can you believe BabyCakes is closer to her 2nd birthday than her 1st?


I've actually already started thinking about her party. I can't decide between a "Sock Monkey Second Birthday" or a "BabyCakes is Turning Two, Tutu Birthday."


She loves her tutu that she wore for Biz' 5th Birthday dance party, but her grandparents have started her a small sock animal collection and I could do that party with a vintagey twist.

Thoughts?


4 comments:

Jana said...

I have an unhealthy obsession with party planning. (I would love to do it professionally) Myself, I would do the tutu. You could get little tutu's as favors for the little girls and they could prance around in them at the party! (they always have tutu and dress up stuff at the dollar tree) So cute!! And look at this, how easy would this be to make? http://www.etsy.com/listing/28062262/cake-plate-tutu
BUT knowing you, I could totally see you rocking out a sock monkey vintage party!!
Miss Audrey is having a Rapunzel party and I am having so much fun thinking of ideas! I LOVE parties!!

And I LOVE pigtails!! We buy bows in 2's just for that reason. Babycakes curly pigtails are adorable!!

Alesia said...

LOVE the pigtails!! Adorable!!

Cayce said...

I think I'm leaning toward the Tutu Two party. Maybe she can have a Sock Monkey Three. :)

Jana, BigBoy loves Tangled! I want to see pics of that party! Unfortunately there will always be a Christmas tree in BabyCakes' bday party pics.

Molly said...

I would do the tutu party!!! They are so cute playing dress up at this age!