"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thank You

A sick BabyCakes is coughing in her crib on the other side of the half wall in our smokey mountain hotel room.
BigBoy, teddy under arm, is sleeping right through it, as is J (thank goodness.  Someone has to drive).

The family decided to give me MeMa's pearl necklace.  I didn't feel worthy.  I will hold my head high when I wear it, though.

Neighbors back home have done everything from take out our trash to care for our hamster to hang up the wet laundry I left in the washing machine.  Not to mention guest-posting right here on my blaaaahg.

Friends sent well-wishes from 5 states and some even took care of the children this week.

This week.  It has been a hard week.  I've always been one to love with my heart wide-open.  That makes it easier to damage but it's how I'm wired, I suppose.
But all you people I love, who love me, have made this week just a little bit easier.  To say I appreciate your support would be an embarassing understatement.  For every email, phone call, card, blog comment, text, hug, prayer, pecan pie, word of sympathy, and selfless act of kindness my family has received -- I thank you so very much.
Again, Thank You.

1 comment:

Gramps said...

I hate the circumstances, but it was good to see all of you this past week. It did my heart good to spend some time with you. We will all miss Miss Ruth, but our lives are better for having known her. Hey, thank Katie for me. I've been sick the past 2 days and I think she is the culprit. It's worth it though, just to spend time with her and Jacob. Love you all!