"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WW Wednesday: 20 in 20 - Week 2

Today Melissa has been kind enough to take the posting reins in my absence.
Thank you so much, Melissa!
Without further ado...

I am honored (and a little nervous) to be doing this guest WW Wednesday post for Cayce. As you may have seen, her Grandmother passed away and she is traveling to be with her family and to attend her funeral. Cayce, your whole family is in my thoughts and I am so very sorry for your loss.

So, just a little bit about me - I started at Weight Watchers a few weeks after Cayce - she asked me if I wanted to go with her. I'd had a baby in August (coincidentally, today is her first birthday!). So we have been on this journey (I know how you love that word, Cayce) together.  I've lost 48 pounds so far, including my weigh-in this morning. I'm proud of how much I've accomplished so far, but honestly, this morning, I was disappointed. I was expecting a big loss. I jogged 15 miles this week in addition to some other exercise classes. I worked so hard and expected it to show on the scale. Instead of a huge loss, I gained .2 of a pound. This reminded me that there is much more to this journey (sorry, Cayce) than just the number on the scale. I'm more fit than I've been in my life, I'm wearing smaller sizes, and most importantly, I've got more energy to chase my girls.

My goal this week is to stop thinking about finally getting to 50 pounds and to just focus on how great I feel. The weight will come off with all of the healthy changes I've made. The number is just another indicator of that.

Can't wait to see how all of you are doing this week. Stick with it - there are 18 weeks to go. You will be so happy you did!  

2 comments:

Amber Lee said...

It sounds like you are doing GREAT excercise in the excercise department! Keep in mind, as you have less "unhealthy weight" to lose, that work will begin to show in muscle gain if you are working out that much! And it's LEAN muscle. So, your number could stabilize (mine always does), but I continue to lose inches and gain confidence! And for overall health, that's GOOD! Keep up the great work ladies!

Alesia said...

Never minimize ANY weight loss!! 48 pounds is SO awesome. One day at a time, one pound at a time. :) Keep it up!