"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WW Wednesday: 20 in 20 - Week 3

Hey there, I'm back in Carolina and ready to pick up where I left off in our 20 in 20 weight loss challenge.
How did everyone do with their goals this week?

I was out of town and around food a LOT this past week.  I didn't weigh-in last week because we left before my meeting. My in-laws didn't have a scale and the one my parents have was made during the Eisenhower administration.   Excuses, I know, but the fact is still that I didn't weigh-in.

Today as I approached the scale at WW I was a bit nervous.  I was afraid I was up.
I don't want to let you people down.  At the same time, I know you are my friends and understand that sometimes we handle life's difficult times by having a second (or third) piece of cake that is 10 feet away on the dessert table RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU.

So anyway, the weigh-in: I was down 1.2.   A nice surprise considering my past couple weeks but it means I am still behind overall for the past 3 weeks.  I'm down 1.6 instead of 3, but that's okay.  We're not "all or nothing" around here.  Hopefully I'll make up for lost time in the next month, anyway.  I'm one awesome weigh-in from the next "decade" of numbers and it feels a bit surreal.

Lesson learned this week:  Two pieces of cake doesn't taste any better than one.  It's just MORE.  Whether you have one or two (or three), you're still going to have to walk away at some point, so you might as well stop while you are ahead.

Goal for this week:  Plan my meals earlier in the week/day and incorporate healthier side dishes.

So, how was everyone's week???

3 comments:

Molly said...

I'll be the first to "weigh-in" :) Down 6 pounds over the past two weeks, but not getting any easier :/ Plus, going to the gym seems to take up so much of my day, but I just remind myself of what my spin instructor ALWAYS says, "Exercising, is a lifetime commitment." That could go for eating healthy too(which I continuously have to remind myself!)

Daddy said...

Hey, I lost 3 pounds the past 2 weeks. Unfortunately, it was probably because I have been sick. I finally get to feeling better from my heart problems and I get bronchitis. Oh well, a loss is a loss.

Melissa said...

I was up a pound this week, but it could have been a lot worse with the way my week started out. This week will be better :)