"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blogging sucks.

Know why? Because you're exposed. Yes, it's easy to pick and choose the parts of your life and mind that you want to share, but sometimes you regret it. Like I am today.

I regret this post.
You see, if I hadn't shared my concern over my weight-loss journey (I'm cringing over that phrase, btw.), I wouldn't feel bad about it getting hard and eventually giving up. Again. That's what I would have done if I hadn't shared that post. Maybe not today, but one day I would have.

But I'm not giving up. As I've said before, I have put checks in place so that I don't give up, and one of them is blogging about it on WW Wednesday.

I've got to be honest right now. I've been at it for almost 6 months. I'm tired. I'm cranky.
Change is hard, even when you want it. Unlearning what you knew for almost thirty over twenty years can get tiring. Sometimes you just want a break before you break down.

This is where I am right now. I am NOT giving up. I am HERE and I am REAL. Call me weak, but this is me. You can stop reading at any point.
I probably won't hit that 40-lbs lost mark tomorrow like I was hoping for. I've done nothing to deserve that achievement.

I just didn't want to dread my post for tomorrow, so I'm showing you my cards today.
The game is getting harder but I'm not going to fold.

Yep, blogging sucks. Thank you for that. :)

Okay, now I'm going to go gaze at my beautiful tulips.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hang in there, girl! You're doing great! We all have our ups and downs. As long as you keep on going that's what counts!
xoxo