"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So tonight we are having crock pot lasagna. I got the recipe from my friend Melissa and when she shared with me that she cooked it for NINE hours because she didn't pay attention to how long it was supposed to take, I laughed at her.
Hard. Like mocked her.
I believe the statement "It's not an Easter Ham!" might have been said.

Anyway, I assembled the lasagne and turn it on high for an hour. Right before leaving for swim lessons I turned it down to Low.

Or so I thought.

Enter Cayce walking into a dark house, hungry and ready to eat.
"Interesting, I thought the house would smell like lasagne. I should see how the food looks. Hmmm... Why isn't the cheese melted?"

Yep, I turned the crock pot OFF.

Dinner FAIL.

Sorry, Melissa, I totally deserved that.

Oh and J if you are reading this, there's a good chance you will be having leftover beans and hotdogs tonight. Yep, you're a lucky, lucky man.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

ha ha ha ha ha
love it!

ps - can i have the recipe, minus the "turn it off after 1 hour" part? :-) crock pot lasagna sounds yum!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry, Cayce! I was going to call tomorrow to see how it turned out. Glad I read this first.

Cayce said...

Because it was on high for an hour, it was actually still warm when I got home so I just turned it on low. J still had to eat beans and weenies, though. :)
It came out good but could have used another layer of noodles and less sauce like you suggested, Melissa.