"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WW Wednesday

This week the "WW" stands for "Whoop Whoop!"

(FYI - I'm going to try to avoid using the actual terms "Weight Watchers" and "Points" on here as much as possible because I'm not sure how they feel about that.)

First of all, I have to thank my friends again for your support in my quest for a healthier lifestyle. My success this week is directly related to the feedback I received in response to my plea for help. :)
So the weigh-in: 4.2 lbs, baby! Aw yeah, I'm enjoying it while I can. Neighbor Melissa knows first-hand how the last few weeks have been for me, and I thought I'd share a little of that.

A few weeks ago I got off track. I was stressed and in moments of high-stress I am weaker in my resolve. The last few weeks have been me bouncing around between making healthy choices and making notsohealthy choices -- some of them big, like a LARGE mocha frappe from McDonald's.
(I'm new to coffee and those things are sinfully delicious!) How bout 4 pieces of pizza? Yep, all me.

I kept going to my WW meetings, though, and let me tell you, it was HARD.
Neighbor Stacy had taken away my scale, so here I was walking in blind to a weigh-in when I KNEW I had not done well that week. The success for me those weeks was that I went. That was big. The old me would have said "well I know I have gained so I will just work hard this next week and then go next time when there won't be a gain."
But I couldn't. And I am glad I didn't. Those weights reflected my attitudes, emotions, and actions for the week.



When I started this I put lots of checks in place for myself.
Neighbor Stacy watches BabyCakes while I am gone and she holds me accountable.
(BigBoy is at preschool.)
Neighbor Melissa attends meetings with me and her success and positive attitude is inspiring. Our reasons for attending and goals are similar.
I also have 2 other friends, one here in NC and one in TN, that are working on things of their own, that I check in with on the phone.
And on top of it all, I have a loving, supportive husband who has told me I am am beautiful possibly every day for the last 10 years.




Now I have you too, though. And you better believe I'm going to make you a part of this. Consider your support as a way of thanking me for pics of slobbery smiles and chubby cheeks. :)

I know I am very lucky to have so much support. Very lucky to be able to stay home with my children and have the time to attend meetings. Very lucky to be able to afford the food I want to buy and the weight-loss program I am on.




I could go on and on but this is a blaaahg, not a book, so I'm going to move on.

Lessons learned in the last week: Just because one egg is broken, you don't throw out the whole dozen. One day at at time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. One bad choice does not begat another.



Goal for this WW week:
Track my points every day. Plan my meals so there are no last-minute I'm-starving-but-nothing-sounds-good-so-I-will-just-eat-this moments.

Total lost:
21.2 lbs

No comments: