"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birdcage

I found this tacky little thing at a yardsale a few weeks back. I paid $1.50 for it because I knew it had potential. Here it is filled with fake ivy and baby's breath. Ick.



I chucked the fake crap, took off the long chain, and sprayed the cage with a coat of oil-rubbed bronze. It was high-quality spray paint so it covered really nicely.
I used spanish moss to surround the pot of petunias that are inside. My plan was to use a pretty ribbon to hang it by but our porch is being painted right now.
The bird and metal ivy were originally red and green but I think it looks better all one color. I thought about removing them but I think it would have damaged the rest of the cage. I *think* I like it how it is...

No comments: