"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yes, there are more flowers in this post.

This morning BabyCakes and I skipped the gym again and instead hit up Duke Gardens where Miss Rachel and LadyBug met us for a little field trip.



What can I say? I enjoy Spring and I know how incredibly lucky I am to be able to have options like this for my day.


The girls loved the fountains and ponds.


They fed the ducks.  BabyCakes kept trying to hand-feed them instead of putting their food on the ground and she got snapped more than once.   Don't worry, she's okay.  No harm no fowl. 
Haha. I quack myself up.
Wow, that's some gentle humor.


We strolled along the pebbled pathways amongst the flowers.


Ohhhh the flowers...


If you like tulips like I do, THIS is the place to see them.  (Well, outside of Holland.  I can't make it there and back before nap time, though.)


Our self-described "big girls" were sweet together.  They aren't "Biz & BigBoy" sweet together yet, but they are different children with different needs.


Besides, I think BabyCakes would rather have a "partner in crime" type of friend, anyway. ;)

3 comments:

shelley said...

I like tulips also. Holland MI has a huge display. Not as far as the country; still can't get back by nap time. :-) I visited Holland (MI) one spring & enjoyed every minute!

Cayce said...

hmmm, I'll have to add Holland, MI to my list of to-see places!

Daddy said...

Mama and I stopped in Holland MI on our trip to Mackinaw Island last summer. It is a beautiful area, but most of Michigan was beautiful. I envy you living so close to such a gorgeous place. The flowers are really pretty, but the girls are prettier. I can't believe how grown up Katie looks. Enjoy every minute.
Love you!