"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WW Wednesday

Yep I'm coming at you late in the day on this mighty fine Wednesday in March, but I've mentioned before that my graded writing assignments are priority.

Today was of course my weekly WW meeting and weigh-in.
On Monday I completed the final draft of the first real research paper I've ever done. (Thank you so so much to my friends who supported me when I was spinning and couldn't find my way.)


(I never smiled while doing my homework recently.  The Peloponnesian War is not funny.)
I'm not going to go into details, but suffice it to say this paper was more than just a paper to me.
 I did NOT handle the anxiety I felt over it well these last few weeks.  I'm not normally an anxious person and have not yet figured out how to handle it all that well.  Yet another goal... :)

Anyway, I had already made peace with my choices of the past week and was ready to accept whatever number came my weigh (har har) at the scale. (Bear with me, my wit starts to hibernate around 10 pm.)
This is me waiting to see my results:


 ;)  (BabyCakes is going to love that one day, I'm sure.)

Color me SHOCKED when the man behind the curtain lady behind the desk told me I was down FOUR FREAKIN POUNDS.

Yeah.

I may or may not have texted "Booyah! Take that, scale!" to more than one person after my meeting.
The scale has been pretty bitchy lately, you have to admit.

IN-SANE.

So super-thankful. (Now-please-ww-gods-don't-take-this-away-from-me-next-week!)  ;)


Like I've said a million times: It's a new day. It's a new week.

Ancient Greeks are in the past.  ;)

4 comments:

Daddy said...

Good goin' on the weight and the paper. Hang in there! Love ya!

Cayce said...

Thank you! Oh, I'm still hangin. :)

Rachel said...

Maybe all that stressing burned some calories! Yay for 4 pounds lost and a paper turned in!!
xoxo

Cayce said...

I feel like I gave birth to a 4-pound research paper!