"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yes, we went to another zoo.

I'm starting to notice a theme in the family outings I share with you.
What can I say?  I'd take pics at Target but I think they'd frown upon it.

I don't think you care much about all the animals we saw so here are just a some random photos from our morning at the Greenville Zoo.


This is a small city zoo, perfect for people with toddlers that want to walk the whole time, or anyone who's not in the best shape.


Lions are always a crowd pleaser.


As are the elephants.


Of course BigBoy had to bring the stinker face in most of the pictures I took of him.


It didn't impress BabyCakes.


Notice the adorable bandana pillowcase dress from Grandma?  BabyCakes was the one who insisted upon wearing her hat.


I love bamboo.  It reminds me of how much I want to go to Asia one day.


There were also large trees providing beautiful shade.  They just reminded me how much I want to see the redwoods of California one day. (I'm noticing another trend...)


I love that this zoo wasn't just a "clear cut cube farm" for exotic animals.  It's parklike setting could have been such a peaceful place had it not been for the toddler tantrums we enjoyed endured near the end.


But then again, it's still a zoo.  People there expect to see wild animals, right?  :)

No comments: