"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today was BabyCakes' 4 month well-baby check. My suspicions were confirmed: she weighed 17 whoppin pounds! I just knew it would be 17. Well, she was 17 lbs 0.5 ozs, to be exact. Of course this is above the curve (>97%). She was 25.5 in long which is the 90th percentile for length. Actually, I think she got gypped (did you know that's how you spell that?) a bit on that because I saw the nurse measuring and she's really more like 26 full inches. Her head was in the 75th. As J would say, "My big girl!"
The doctor said she looked "fantastic" and "nobody told her she is only 4 months old!" She's so big and strong she really seems like an older baby. We got the green light on solids and I'm sure she'll be a fan of food in any composition. :)
Here's a camera-phone pic at the doc before her shots. Funny how she has a bit of a deer-in-headlights thing going even though she has no clue what's coming.



She had a shot and an oral vaccine and was a trooper through it all. Not a tear.
She even napped during a trip to Lowe's and Kroger afterward. By the time we finished all this it was time to pick up BigBoy from school. I LOOOOVE picking him up from school because I get the BEST greeting in the world. He runs from across the classroom straight out the door and only has eyes for me! "Mommy!" That sweet-faced, cowlick-having, Star Wars-loving little boy drops everything and runs open-armed to me. It makes me feel so special. Mrs. Alice doesn't even get that kind of greeting. :) I wonder if he'll still do this when he's 14? haha.

If only we could all love as purely, freely, and completely as a child.
1 Peter 4:8 says "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
Love. It's so easy a child can do it.

No comments: