"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WW Wednesday

This week in my weight loss journey (sorry, never going to stop cringing at that word) proved to be a calm one.
There weren't many ups and downs.  I tracked my foods and planned for bigger meals like date night on Friday.
I drank more water but still didn't completely give up the diet drinks.
Overall I am proud of the steady-as-she-goes feel of the week.
My weigh-in was nice -- I got my next +5 sticker at WW -- and I feel very secure that I will reach my goal one day.  That day might not be in 2011, but I'm just fine with that.  Honest.

Lesson learned this week:
I remembered how good it feels to be in control of my food choices.  Just because I have an urge or craving, it doesn't mean I have to give into it.  It can be a passing thought with no power over me.

When I try to feed boredom or emotions, I will always be left feeling hungry of spirit and sick of stomach.

Goal for the week: Add more fruits and vegetables to my day and continue tracking.

P.S.  I wanted to add that I've lost 36 pounds since I first enlisted your support through my blaaaahg eight and a half months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to share my journey and supporting me along the way.  Every word and action means more to me than you can know.
Also, I know many of you following my journey may be wanting to lose a few lb's of your own.  Please feel free to post a comment and join in the slow-and-lasting-weight-loss fun.  Or maybe you just made a healthier change or have a tip to share.  My ears eyes are wide open to suggestions!

~Cayce

No comments: