"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WW Wednesday

I have a confession.
I haven't been doing so well in the weight-loss arena.


I take it back. I haven't really been participating in the weight-loss arena.
Keeping my head above water and barely staying afloat, yes.
Making the changes and choices needed to move forward, no.


I had a tiny gain at the scale today. I'm glad I did, though. Something needed to light that match.
I know I've said it before, but that's life baby.
There's no straight line to success.
There's no first draft that's given a Pulitzer.

Life is all about detours and revisions. If you are looking to me to be a saintly example of, well, anything really, then you will be sorely disappointed.


I will tell you that I'm still here. I still went to my meeting.  I'm writing my WW Wednesday blaaaahg.
I've learned what was bothering me/ holding me back, and I've resolved to fix it.
I'm not beating myself up over slow progress or wasted time.

My plant may have died, but look at that!
Aunt Caroline replaced it with something even prettier.

Everything's coming up roses after all.


*Edited on Thursday: Neighbor Melissa, my WW buddy, says I'm being too hard on myself. That I haven't checked out as much as I thought I had. Upon reflection, I think she may be right.
So anyway, just thought I'd lighten this up a bit and let you know things aren't as dire as I might have made them seem. :)

No comments: