"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Monday, April 11, 2011

The price I had to pay... for velcro anyway.

With Summer approaching, the brown shoes with stylin velcro closures that BigBoy adores so much are going to become useless. He already wants to wear them on the rare day it is warm enough for shorts (like today), so I thought it was time to break down and buy some new kicks.

Since he can't tie laces yet, he loves his precious velcro.
No help needed from Mom = a happy BigBoy (most of the time).

These were the only velcro option we found at Target. I paid $14.99 for Toy Story shoes.
Fourteen ninety-nine for when-I-have-kids-I-will-never-let-them-wear-those-tacky shoes.


"Actually," I thought, "they're not that bad."

But wait. There's more...

They have lights!


The picture doesn't do it justice but imagine super-obnoxious seizure-inducing red flashes with the slightest move of the foot.

Lighted shoes -- they're the scourge of the children's apparel world.

And I'm helping it spread.

2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

That is hilarious! I can't stop laughing. But I need to because I am sure I will be in your shoes one day (pun intended). We have all said the dreaded "I will NEVER..." so we need to get used to "as long as it makes him happy". They really aren't that bad.

Cayce said...

Yeah, you'll do it too! I still haven't done temporary tattoos yet, though. Ick.

Oh and the shoes make him sooo happy. He's a walking one-man light parade, but whatevs. :)