"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Neighbor James came over Tuesday afternoon. When we first moved here, he was still toddling around in a diaper. Now he's this well-behaved, fun, awesome little kid.
He and BigBoy had a ball playing together.




While I was in BigBoy's room snapping these photos, BabyCakes, who had previously been patiently watching from the other side of the babygate in his doorway, started fussing.




When I turned around, this is what I saw!




Big girl had pulled herself up and wanted IN!




She's only pulled up a few times and when she does, she gets a holy crap, what do I do now/this is oddly exhilirating - kind of look on her face. Like she's not quite ready for this next step.

I don't think I am, either.



Doesn't she look so old in the above picture?

Um, BabyCakes, you are only 9 and a half months old.
Know what she had for dinner last night? Tortellini.
Yep.
Not a bottle. Not baby food. REAL food. I literally couldn't cut it fast enough. She was ripping my hands off of it to get to it.





Yeah yeah, I'm glad you're THRIVING and all, but can you please wait until your birthday to start walking? I want my BabyCakes to stay BABYCakes for a little longer.




(P.S. I would like to point out the absurdity of the above pictures in another regard. It is the middle of October yet my child was wearing a strawberry-covered summer outfit. It was 88 degrees! Too weird...)

No comments: