"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Candy has left the building.

Preparing for the onslaught of trick-or-treater's, I recently bought a bag of assorted fun-size m&m's and another bag of random candy. I told myself I wouldn't open them until Halloween but with Granny in town, it was easy to use her as an excuse to break out the chocolate.

Yesterday I had two fun-size bags of M&M's for breakfast. I went in the kitchen and oh-so-quietly snuck them out of the bag on top of the fridge so that BigBoy wouldn't notice what I was doing.
Despicable, I know. That's when I knew the candy had to go somewhere, anywhere, but here until Sunday.

Yes yes, I know you think I'm pathetically weak in will power but I choose to see it as doing what I need to make healthy decisions -- I will no longer have that candy enticing me to spend way more weight watchers points than I have to spare. Hopefully next Halloween I will be able to have the candy in the house without eating five a couple pieces a day.

The kind soul she is, neighbor Melissa offered to hold them for me.
buh-buh m&m's! I am not sorry to see you go, you whiney little creatures!

No comments: