"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My favorite Christmas gift

Christmas 2014 was unconventional for us, to say the least.  Part of that involved a last-minute earlier-than-expected trip to Tennessee and having to leave behind presents that had been ordered yet not received.  One of those presents was my Christmas gift from J and the kids.
I love it.


I had a circle pendant with the names of the first four members of our family and a heart on it, but there was no room left to add Gracie.  I didn't want to put her name on the back or on a separate pendant because her place in the timeline of our family does not reflect her importance.
I was hoping I would get a new necklace, and I did. :)  I had no idea what it would look like, though.  That was all J.


The pendant is made of pewter and the chain is silver, completed with a pearl.
 It's long in length like I like these days, but a different shape than I'm used to wearing so it's fun trying something new.


By the way, the color of the hutch is WAY different than it looks in the picture for some reason.  This is what it looks like in person:


After thanking him for the gift and telling him how much I loved it, I thought about our very first Christmas together in 2000 when he gave me a tiny pair of heart earrings.  


I said to him "You really like heart jewelry for me, don't you?" and smiled.

He instantly replied "Yes, but that's probably because you stole my heart." 


 I really really like my Christmas gift this year, 
but I love the reason -- and the man-- behind it even more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet!