"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clearing the fog

Yesterday was dreary and kind of sucked, to be frank. 
For a variety of reasons, I was all "in my head" and not feeling good about a lot of things.  
It was more than a bad day, and I don't even have truly bad days often anymore.
But talking it out with supportive loving friends and family helped the fog clear.
I was able to let go of the heavy thoughts pulling me down.


Like finding an unexpected jar of Nutella buried in the pantry, (if you like perfectly good chocolate that's been contaminated by hazelnuts)


life's joys became clear again.  It's amazing how much better I feel less than 24 hours later.


If you're struggling with something, I suggest turning to someone close to you.  Trust that they care enough about you to want to help, and know that you aren't a burden.  Wouldn't you want your loved ones to trust that about you as well?  I sure hope mine do.

"A friend should be radical - they should love you when you're unloveable, hug you when you're unhuggable, and bear you when you're unbearable. A friend should be fanatical - they should cheer when the whole world boos, dance when you get good news, and cry when you cry too. But most of all a friend should be mathematical - they should multiply the joy, divide the sorrow, subtract the past, add to tomorrow, calculate the need deep in your heart, and always be bigger than the sum of all their parts."

1 comment:

Alesia said...

Love this post and I love you! And yours. ♡♡♡