"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Thursday, November 17, 2011

WW Wednesday: The Reboot

Better late than never, right?

First of all, sorry I've been MIA lately.  We had family in over the weekend and BigBoy is tracked-out of school so things have been a little off.  I'm back now, though.  :)

For the last several weeks I've been riding the weight-loss yo-yo up and down, up and down.
I was practicing weight maintenance instead of weight loss.  That would be good except I'm still not at a truly heathy body weight.

So, since quitting is not an option, I decided to skip it and go straight to the "restart" portion of the joooourney.
Yesterday I ate breakfast, wore jeans and a shirt (instead of running shorts and a tank), and weighed in as a healthy me.  Not a skipped-breakfast me.  Not an oh-no-I-hope-the number-isn't-up-2-tenths-of-a-pound me, but a healthy me.

I asked the lady at the desk to write my weight on a new weight-tracker and not write down the difference gained or lost from last week.  I then filled in my five and ten percent goals and saw my weight as a starting point in this phase of the journey.  I will celebrate my first 5 pounds lost just like I did a year ago.

I might as well tell you right now: I have 25 pounds to lose.  Yep, 25.  Somehow seeing it as a new undertaking instead of the last stretch of a long run makes it feel easier.
(And for those of you who may be worrying that that is too much weight, don't! I won't be super-skinny or model thin, but rather at the top end of the healthy weight-range for my height -- a place I feel mighty comfortable and proud to have a strong, curvy body.)

So, that's where I am today.  I'm tracking my food and activity via WW again.
I'm no longer complacent yet I am happy with how I feel and look right now -- healthy!



It is Week 17 of my Challenge.  How are y'all doing?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Gained a little this week, but I am tracking and getting back to basics this week.

Daddy said...

I gained 3 lbs. this weekend. It's all your fault - you and your good food. Now I have Thanksgiving next week. Bring out the fat boy clothes! I'll have to try and be good, but the turkey is calling my name very loudly.:) We had a great visit. Thanks for putting up with us. Love you all!

Cayce said...

I'm thinking sticking to the basics is all we can hope to do right now!