"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daily Details

If this blaaahg is about me and my life, maybe I should take the time to remember some of the details of this life.
Remember not just the big stuff, but the little things as well.

Like how BabyCakes sticks her sippy cups in the water bottle-holders on our stationary bikes.



And how BigBoy wrote our family's names on a pumpkin in the charmingly imperfect way only a young child can.


And even wearing my very first scarf -- an act that had been firmly locked in the "I'm not cool/classy/stylish enough to try that" category.
Turns out it was just a scarf.  A little fabric.
Nothing to be afraid of, by any means, and definitely should not be a statement on who I am as a person.


As a person, a whole, I am ( veryveryvery) not perfect.  None of us are.

But sometimes the details can be pretty great.

No comments: