"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Monday, May 30, 2016

Pack your bags!


Personally, I like to soak up all the details of being in a different place.  After looking through the photos I came home with from our trip to London, I'm immediately struck by all the things I didn't photograph.
Sometimes that was because photography wasn't allowed and other times because I didn't want to be that tourist.  But the biggest reason I didn't take photos of everything was because, for me, I can't fully experience an event and document it at the same time.

It's worth staying immersed in those moments that you realize are special.
For example, would you rather be swept up in a passionate kiss, or pull out a phone to take a pic of you kissing?

Sometimes the cost of truly embracing the moment is having no evidence that it existed.   

That being said, I still have over 300 photos from our trip.  I've tried to figure out the best way to share the highlights but I'm coming up empty.  So, I'm just going to take you with me.


Today I'm enjoying family time but I'll be back this week to get the trip started!







No comments: