"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Hello again!

Hey look, I still know how to use Blogger!

I thought I'd dust off the ole blaaaaahg (Yep, I still hate that word.) and return to a more sophisticated form of journaling than Facebook can provide.

When I stopped blogging, it was partly because of time constraints and partly because I'd gotten too concerned about what others thought of me and my life.  Instead of being an outlet that came naturally and always left me feeling a little better than when I started, it had become an activity that made me feel self-conscious.
Well, this is my life and my family.  I have no implied judgements on you or yours.



I'm over the concerns now.  Hopefully anyone who knows me knows that when I share, my emotions are genuine and intentions pure.

Simply put: If I have joy in my life, I like to spread it.

Same goes for: laughter,
                         lessons learned,
                         new experiences had,
                         and love felt.

Sometimes I write about struggles because I know that we all have issues and I never want people to feel alone.

I don't like to feel alone.  I like to BE alone sometimes, but I don't like to feel alone in my heart.
If, by voicing a struggle with which I am dealing, I can make someone else face their own in a more honest way, then it is worth the hit to my own pride.

In the end, I like to blaaaahg in my own uncensored voice and that's what I'm going to go back to doing.  Imagine this space as my living room.  I'll be here in its varying states of cleanliness and you're welcome to stop by any time.
I might even have some chocolate to offer you.

On second thought, you should probably bring the chocolate. ;)


No comments: